Sunday, August 30, 2009

A new year, A new outlook


The time is now upon us to start the school year here in Bowling Green! After two years here on the Hill I can now look down and see the "finish line" of my college career. This is a scary thought. What will I be doing in five years? Thoughts of deeper responsibility terrify and excite me all at the same time. I want to express my appreciation to all of those who have made life in college unforgettable. My friends, thank you for the good times and support in the bad. To my church, Living Hope Baptist Church has been nothing short of an honor to be served by you and serve with you during the time God has allotted me there so far.

With all this excitement, I thought it would be appropriate to think through where God fits in to all of this. The Lord has blessed me with people here in Bowling Green to help guide me to see what His purpose for my life is. Knowing this, God has always been by my side here in my ups and downs so far in college! It takes me back to scripture that Matt Haste showed to the college class.

Psalm 23

23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.He leads me beside still waters. [1]3 He restores my soul.He leads me in paths of righteousness [2]for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
[3]I will fear no evil,for you are with me;your rod and your staff,they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;you anoint my head with oil;my cup overflows.6 Surely
[4] goodness and mercy [5] shall follow me all the days of my life,and I shall dwell [6] in the house of the Lord forever. [7]

God knows what's best for you and He will provide for you. Following Him has been difficult but it has also been so incredible! Good luck this year to all students and Go Tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment