Friday, July 31, 2009

My Apologies


Once again I have failed in keeping those of you who want to know how I am doing uninformed about my summer. Forgive me... Anywho, since I have written last the Lord has continued to move here in North Dakota. Good news, God has opened windows for me to share the gospel in the past few weeks who I have built relationships with over the course of the summer. The Holy Spirit has moved in Jimmy Johns to the point that those who work there have earnestly asked me to stay in Fargo. This excites me and breaks my heart all at the same time.

It has been wonderful to know that the Holy Spirit has used me in the work place to minister to the employees of Jimmy Johns. At the same time I have felt the Lord lead me back home to Kentucky and away from Fargo. This breaks my heart in that they haven't become believers in Christ since my arrival in May. But I know that the Lord will continue to move there. Thank you for your prayers this summer for those who I work with at Jimmy Johns.

In a matter of six days or so I will be returning to Kentucky from North Dakota by way of an extremely long car ride. Keep praying for us as we finish here in Fargo and as we travel back to our respective homes before school starts.

Through this summer I have realized an important thing about myself and other Christians back in Kentucky. We unfortunately don't hang out with enough lost people that are in our area of influence. For those at Western, we need to reach out to the lost in our area (campus). Now hanging out with Christians isn't a bad thing at all. We need fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to be our support. But we don't need Christian bubbles of people.

"Why?" you might ask...

Think about it this way, if all Christians hang out with each other, who would be reaching the lost people that they rub shoulders with daily? Nobody! I am not coming down on Christian fellowship by any means at all. But fellowship needs to practiced within reason. Christ himself was not around just his disciples all the time, but he spent time with sinners who the religious community would have nothing to do with.

As you have read this I hope that you would realize that I say all these things in love. I love all of you whom the Lord has brought into my life.

I Timothy 6:11-16

I would love to thank John and Abby Fisher for bringing me up to Fargo for the summer and showing me how to live intentionally among lost people. Thank you for your love, support, wisdom, and care this summer as God has allowed me to serve along side of you. I would also like to thank my "host parents" and the other half of the Mission Fargo family in Jeremy and Pam Robinson. Thank you for sharing your lives with me, groceries, nuggets of wisdom, support, love, patience, and just being "there" as I was away from home. To both families I thank you for making this summer very challenging but rewarding! Your guidance through this summer has been more than blessing to my life. It is my hope and prayer that the Lord bring us together again soon... You, your families, Mission Fargo will be remembered in prayer by me and others in far away places!

Last but not least, I would like to thank the summer missionary interns from this summer. Katie and Jen, thank you for your friendships and the opportunity to serve along side of you this summer in Fargo. I look back and wouldn't have it any other way. See you all back in Bowling Green! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for this summer and what all God taught me and the three of us together. Thank you for putting the bug in my ear to go to Fargo! It was a frustrating and joyful experience all in one.

    See ya soon Randy!!

    ReplyDelete