Friday, June 5, 2009

Realization


I would first like to update everyone on my condition here in Fargo, ND on mission for the Lord. I am doing well in adjusting to somewhat of a routine and I hope and pray the job search is coming to a close. Adapting to life here in Fargo hasn't really been that difficult due to living on campus which is a concept that I definitely understood the past two years in college. Riding a bike is by far a way more interesting mode of transportation. First, I hopefully will be in some sort of good shape when I return to Bowling Green. Second, it's a lot more thought provoking mode of transportation in that I must watch where I drive and where those who are driving actual vehicles are located and their rates of speed or frustration being stuck behind a bike. It also makes me watch time more closely due to my elongated journey time. But however, it is still fun and financially savvy. One thing thats been frustrating is that I seem to have succumb to some sort of a chest cold. It has been close to a week that I have not felt 100% in everything that I do. Coughing and sneezing up things I thought only existed in my imagination constantly has been a discouragement. so please pray that I can beat this cold.


Through all of this, I have realized that I am really no longer in Kentucky where all my friends and family are. I have made mistakes and misjudgements since arriving in Fargo and at times been frustrated with not only others, but myself. This is all the more reason to rely fully upon God's power over me. He has the power to calm storms with a quick calm command, He can bring a city to rubble by the faith of desert inhabiting Israelites just walking around it, He can bring the dead back to life, He can create an entire earth that will astound scientists for all time in only six days, and He created a way to defeat sin to reconcile us back to Him by sending a child to be born of a virgin and raised by a carpenter to die the most unimaginable death to raise back to life. God's power is the only thing that we have victory in. How else could we even have a chance to experience all wonderful things God has created us to live out to bring Him glory?


God gives us this power through His Holy Spirit. Not only that, He will sustain us when we abide in Him. That is comfort that you couldn't buy or attain. This humbles me to the lowest points to know that a God who created me and saved me would want to use me to spread His name and glory throughout Fargo. I have to remember that it is not I, but Jesus who saves people. It is in His power that Mission Fargo will rise to be a light in the Fargo-Moorhead area and not our own. Through His power we have life and the life He gives us provides an opportunity to share his name to all the nations.


So for now, I will keep battling this annoying cold and riding my sweet peddle-driven two wheel machine. Those who are living and serving at home and abroad will be in my prayers. So, I will leave you with this quote...


“The believer does not use God's power; God's power uses him.” - Kenneth Wuest

No comments:

Post a Comment