Thursday, May 28, 2009

Test Blog- Perspective

So it has finally come about that I, Randall Rearden have started or will attempt to start blogging. To those that are interested in my well being, I am fine here up in Fargo, ND! I am overwhelmed but at the same time, God has given me an understanding to what the goals of Mission Fargo are as I work along side of them this summer. In other news, I have no car. Dissapointing you ask? Indeed. However, riding a bike for the summer in a new city, I have already seen parts of the city that I would have never thought about going to with a car. Plus, a bonus at the end of the summer is that hopefully I will be in somewhat good shape.

I have prayed earnestly that God give me his Perspective while here in the Dakotas. I want to see people the way Jesus would see them. I want to observe and learn from the people here and know their pains and triumphs. Hopefully with this perspective, people here will see Jesus instead of me. But for this to happen I must rely solely upon Christ and what he can do for me! Reading scripture and prayer will become vital to the summer to remain in Christ's perspecitve. Pray for me to yearn for God's word. Pray that the people of Fargo-Moorhead in their recovery from the flood and that God soften their hearts to the Gospel.

On the trip up here I listened to a sermon by Thomas Weakly about Matthew 9:37-38. 'Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." This gave me so much encouragement to know that God will be behind Mission Fargo if we give all we have and do over to Him.

So pray that we remember that Mission Fargo is here to share Christ and is here for His harvest and that we be nothing but pure represtations of Him. I leave you with a quote that has had a great influence on me.

"The saint who is intimate with Jesus will never leave impressions of himself, but only the impression that Jesus is having unhindered way, because the last abyss of his nature has been satisfied by Jesus." -Oswald Chambers

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post Randall. I'm going to check back in with you via your blog as often as I can and I will DEFINITELY be praying for you!

    -Ross

    ReplyDelete